Compact 1000-Watt Powered Sub
There's nothing small about the MiniVee when it comes to power or performance. Featuring an 8" driver, the MiniVee starts with Velodyne's highest quality Class D digital amplifier cranking out 2000 watts dynamic power and 1000 watts RMS.
Look inside the MiniVee, and you'll find a massive 12.7 lb. magnet structure, a stiff Kevlar-reinforced driver cone, oversized spider and vented pole piece. Add it all up and you have a sub that produces deep, loud bass with low distortion. All of this comes wrapped up in a stylish black pica matte vinyl wrap.
So whether you're listening to music or movies you won't find anything else that combines small size, accuracy, and efficiency at such a low price.
The Class D Amp Advantage
Most conventional amplifier designs are Class A / B. These amps are about 40 percent efficient, and the other 60 percent of the power goes up in heat. By comparison, the Class D digital switching amplifier used in the MiniVee is about 97 percent efficient. That's because it harnesses the energy generated by the "back EMF" (electromotive force) and recycles it to the output stage of the amplifier.
To deliver the same amount of power, a Class A / B amp would be massively large and at least ten times the weight. Another advantage of the Class D design is the total lack of generated heat, which allows placement in confined spaces and ensures long term reliability and longevity.
Powerful Driver System
Like all Velodyne drivers, the MiniVee driver is of the highest quality, incorporating a light, stiff Kevlar reinforced fiber cone, massive magnet structure, 2.5" four-layer copper wound voice coil, and vented pole pieces.
The driver also features an oversized spider and high quality, long lasing EPDM rubber surround. These features contribute to the MiniVee's long, linear excursion capability, producing louder, deeper bass down to 28 Hz with lower distortion.
Acoustically Neutral Cabinet
Superior cabinets need to be acoustically neutral, creating the sound without adding or detracting from it. The acoustically sealed design of the MiniVee delivers the cleanest bass available. It generates incredible bass energy forward to create lifelike impact, and is so small and easy to place that it will fit into any family décor.